Knowledge management is essentially about getting the right knowledge to the right person at the right time. This in itself may not seem so complex, but it implies a strong tie to organizational strategy, understanding of where and in what forms knowledge exists, creating processes that span organizational functions, and ensuring that initiatives are accepted and supported by organizational members. Knowledge management may also include new knowledge creation, or it may solely focus on knowledge sharing, storage, and refinement.
Knowledge management therefore implies a strong tie to organizational goals and strategy because it involves management of knowledge that has a strong value for the organization. nSite is a knowledge management platform that provides a means for individuals, small groups or mid-sized businesses to innovate, build new knowledge in the group, and/or improve customer experience.
Key features of nSite include:
- Aggregation of content across subject matter experts
- Classification of content using taxonomies
- Site-wide keyword search as well as topic-based browsing
- Expertise location
nSite enables organizations to:
- determine where, and in what forms, knowledge exists
- determine what the organization needs to know
- promote a culture conducive to learning, sharing, and knowledge creation
- make the right knowledge available to the right people at the right time
- generate or acquire new relevant knowledge